Happy Turkey Day! (Or, to our international readers: Happy November 25th!) November 25, 2010Posted by Onely in Great Onely Activities, We like. . ..
Tags: most people are single, pets and thanksgiving, pumpkin bread, single majority, single thanksgiving, Thanksgiving
1. Private time to eat all the pumpkin bread we want, unjudged.
2. Shared time with friends or family, or friends who’ve become our family.
3. The change in public attitude about marriage (and single people): ever-so-slowly-but-perceptibly for the better.
4. The U.S. Census Bureau, for announcing that over 50 percent of households are now headed by unmarried people.
5. Our pets, for thinking we’re gods.
7. You, our Copious Readers, for supporting us and contributing your voices to what has become a true online community for singles’ advocacy.
Ever-Attentive and Copious Readers, what are you grateful for this Thanksgiving?
– Lisa (and Christina)
photo credit: flicker